In 2020, Hercules Tires launched an exclusive, multi-year partnership with 32 colleges and universities, covering eight NCAA conferences, which was secured and activated through Van Wagner. Today, Hercules Tires, a subsidiary of American Tire Distributors (ATD), continues to grow its legendary sports marketing portfolio with two additional sponsorships on the basketball court: the Hercules Tires Ultimate Fanatic Basketball Contest and Hercules Tires Big South Campus. Tower. These sponsorships are the company’s latest initiatives to increase brand awareness and connect with local communities.
Click here to read more
The Hercules Tires Ultimate Fanatic Basketball Competition offers participants the chance to show off their school spirit through a 20-second Instagram video. Not only will they show why their team is the best, but they’ll also show how the ultimate fan they are. The winner will receive two tickets to the 2022 Men’s or Women’s Conference Basketball Championship. Other prizes include a loot pack with their favorite varsity gear and a $ 50 Amazon gift card.
“We are proud to support colleges and universities in our Hercules Tires sponsored conferences and we look forward to seeing all the creativity and spirit of the school,” said Josh Simpson, senior vice president of Hercules Tires. “This gives us another way to support our local communities and to spread awareness of the Hercules name so that these die-hard basketball fans know that Hercules will deliver the performance they expect with the choice and affordability they deserve. “
Additionally, Hercules kicked off its annual Hercules Tires Big South campus tour by running men’s basketball virtual game promotions with every Big South institution this month. The tour is different this year due to COVID-19 restrictions with a new digital engagement platform allowing fans to participate from the safety of their own homes. Fans can also take quiz questions on match days, giving them the chance to win prizes, including personalized headphones and other Hercules Tires promotional items.
“We hope these awards and promotions bring the excitement of match day to fans and help them feel like they’re back in the stands at a big game,” said Simpson. “We are thrilled to have the opportunity to engage with these loyal local fans and introduce them to the Hercules brand. We want them to know that next time when it’s time to buy a tire, we’ll be right there with them.
Both basketball activations are scheduled to run through the end of February. For more information, see the full details below.
Hercules Tires Ultimate Fanatic Basketball Contest
To enter the contest, eligible entrants must follow @HerculesTires on Instagram.
- Attendees will create and post a 20-second Ultimate Fan Video showing their support for a school from one of the Hercules sponsored conferences (America East, Big South, CAA, MAAC, Southland, WAC, WCC, Big West and Sun Belt )
- They should also mention @HerculesTires, along with their school’s conference hashtag.
- Contest runs until March 1, 2021 at midnight ET
The winners will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Originality and creativity of each submission (25%)
- Commercial call for submission (25%)
- Overall quality of the submission (25%)
- Participant’s success in representing their school spirit (25%)
Hercules Tires Big South Campus Tour
To participate in tour promotions, visit the Big South accounts on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, in addition to the host schools’ social media accounts on the morning of scheduled game day. Each account will provide a link that will allow fans to enter their email and play the Big South Trivia Game. At half-time, answers will be revealed on social media and all winners will receive an email to redeem their prizes.
The current stopover schedule for the tour is shown below and is subject to change.
- Friday February 5 – Gardner-Webb
- Thursday February 11 – Radford and Campbell
- Thursday February 18 – Charleston Southern and High Point
- Friday February 19 – Hampton
- Sunday February 21 – Longwood
- Tuesday February 23 – UNC Asheville and USC Upstate
- Wednesday February 24 – Presbyterian and Winthrop