Waterford – Sarah Hage and Autumn Brothers won first and second in singles respectively, without losing a match as Waterford avenged an early season loss to Fitch with a 4-3 win on Monday in a women’s tennis match of Division I of the Eastern Connecticut Conference.
The Falcons beat Waterford to start the season, 4-3.
Jen LeBlanc and Michelle Liu won at number one in doubles for Waterford (6-1, 6-1) and Nidhi and Nitya Somineni won at number two in doubles.
Fiona Kennedy and Fiza Shariff won singles matches for the Falcons (5-2, 4-2) and Arianna Timmerman and Charlotte Carney won the No.3 doubles match.
In other matches:
• Anna Slopak, Sarah Ericson, Paige Raposo and Emily Eggler all won their singles matches as the NFA swept New London, 7-0, in an ECC Division I game. NFA is 4-2, 4-2. The whalers are 0-7, 0-6.
• Abigail Sicuranza, Sam Tan and Callie and Livie Bass all won in straight sets as undefeated Old Lyme beat Morgan, 6-1, in a Shoreline Conference game. Lauren Wallace and Alexis Fenton won in doubles for Old Lyme (9-0, 9-0) as did Aggie and Beatrice Hunt.
• Morgan Fisher rallied to win Singles Match No.4 5-7, 6-3, 14-12 as Fitch beat Waterford, 6-1, in an ECC Division I match. Fitch (5-1, 4-1) also scored doubles wins for teams Ryan Mignosa-Michael McBride, Charlie Cartier-Calvin Lupo and Owin Parfitt-Mason Woodhams. Quin Hagland won for the Lancers (2-5, 2-5).
• George Danes, Griffin McGlinchey and Pat Dagher all won by 6-0, 6-0 for Old Lyme, beating Morgan, 7-0, in a Shoreline Conference game. Charles Hinckley and Will Danes also won singles for the Wildcats (9-1, 9-1) as did the doubles teams of Tim O’Brien-Regan Kaye and Sam Koenigs-Mike Klier.
• Unbeaten Montville did not lose a set passing Killingly, 7-0 in an ECC Division II game. Brendan Duhamel, David Baukus, Jack Giurleo and AJ Hintz won singles matches for the Indians (4-0, 4-0) as did the doubles teams of Ethan Thomas-Matt Malbaurn, Jason Zhong-Jae Sung Kim and Gabe Vogt-Adam Smith.