Jennifer Davis is Director of Marketing and Communications at Learfield, which has been in business for over 50 years. Learfield works with United States Intercollegiate Athletics. as well as site technology systems for many college athletic programs in the United States and across the ecosystem.
In this episode, Jennifer and I discuss college sports and the big business behind them. We also talk about the transition of Jennifer’s role during the pandemic and how she wrote a book called Well-made decisions during this transition.
Listen to learn more about why marketers should be putting more energy into the decisions they make and the future of sports marketing.
In this episode you will learn:
- Spend more energy to make decisions
- How marketers can partner with sports organizations
- The Growth Opportunity in Sports Marketing
- [02:20] About Jennifer’s Book
- [04:04] Where Jennifer started
- [05:45] What is Learfield?
- [08:33] The first 100 days of integration
- [11:44] Current trends in university sport
- [18:51] What is college esports?
- [23:54] The growth of B2B brands in sports marketing
- [28:44] How athletes can sell themselves
- [34:54] An experience that defines Jennifer, makes her who she is
- [39:14] Jennifer’s advice to her young self
- [41:43] What marketers should know more about
- [44:12] The brands and organizations that Jennifer follows
- [45:48] The biggest threat and opportunity for marketers
Connect with the guest:
Follow the podcast:
Connect with Marketing Today and Alan Hart:
Alan B. Hart is the creator and host of “Marketing Today with Alan Hart”, a weekly podcast where he interviews leading marketing professionals and business leaders. Alan advises executives and marketing teams on brand, customer experience, innovation and growth opportunities. He has consulted with Fortune 100 companies, but is an entrepreneur to his core, having founded or been a leader of nine companies.